4.13.2008

Blogging.

Ok. So I guess I'm blogging now. I usually journal, at Deadjournal, which I've done for 6 years, but now I am blogging.

My Clapotis is coming along well. I think I'm going to have to do more than 13 repeats of the straight rows but what can you do. I wanted a really light springy one, so I used lace weight yarn and that's what I get.


I made cup pies last night. They are practically the most exciting thing I've done in a long time. Yes, that's right. Baking on a Friday night is the most exciting thing I do. I got the idea from Pushing Daisies, which I love and can't wait until it comes back this fall, and implemented it with help from here. The recipe, however, is all part of the Great Apple Pie Project. Oh, you are not familiar with the Great Apple Pie Project? Let me acquaint you.

On Tuesday, February 26, I decided I wanted to master the art of making an apple pie. If I can find the perfect apple pie recipe, I feel that I will be on my way to great things in the world of baking...

If you are interested in the rest of the story, you can find it here.

Anyway, I ended up with 12 cup pies, which are only 3 Weight Watchers' points each! My first healthy baking. :D I wish I had gotten smaller mason jars but oh well. There will definitely be more cup pies in my future.


Anyway, I'm writing up the pattern for my Nintendo DS case, and it will be posted shortly. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look cute! I'll have to try your crust recipe. My last batch of crusts turned out horribly.

Lauren
(Of LloydandLauren - thanks for visiting!)

Kristi said...

I really like your clapotis - gorgeous colours! But I confess what I really covet is your oven, because of these three magic words: continuous cleaning oven.